Why Are You Training For A Half Marathon?

What do you see when you look at the top of the half marathon training website? I guarantee you see the 13.1 miles logo that everyone has on their vehicle. What about all the pictures from half marathons around the world? People all over the world are intrigued by training their bodies to endure the 13.1 miles, but the distance is only 20% of the battle. The other 80% is the mental focus it takes to train for a half marathon. There are many reasons why people run half marathons. One of the most common reasons given is the health benefits of running. It is time to get real. Why do you want to run a half marathon?

  • Half Marathons Are Shorter Than Marathons (We Hear It Every Day)
  • My Buddies Are Running It, So I Figured I Would Too
  • I Want That Cool Medal, T-Shirt, or 13.1 Car Sticker
  • Self Pride and Bragging Rights
  • Half Marathons Are The First Step Towards A Marathon
  • Age Milestones (30, 40, 50, etc…)
  • Relationship Changes (Marriage, Divorce, etc…)
  • Beating Cancer or Any Other Illness!!!!

People get real when they purchase our plans because they want to finish a half marathon. Your reason for running is what powers you through the half marathon training on those mornings when you feel like sleeping in or don’t want to tackle the long distance day of your half marathon training plan.

People who follow our half marathon training schedules stay motivated to run and meet smaller goals along the way. It is very motivating and exciting when someone achieves a weekly running goal and makes it further than they ever thought possible. When someone meets his or her goal of running a half marathon, it gives confidence and encouragement to keep going and achieve even bigger things in life, outside of running. Are you thinking about training for a half marathon?

Everyone has a reason for running a half marathon, what’s yours?